Paul Rodgers and Queen rocked the O2 (formerly Millenium Dome in London) on Friday night. Just a spectacular show.
Brian May and Roger Taylor really looked like they were loving it.
In fact those crowd pleasing Queen tracks make great ipod listening whilst tackling the Tomba run.
Yes a very happy audience, and I was delighted to be amongst the action near the stage. Thanks Spud for organising tickets and to Kipper for his company and photo.
Freddie Mercury sadly missed though.
Anyhow, the point of today's blog, is that this winter the O2 (formerly the Millennium Dome) will open London’s first ever indoor artificial twin ski slope.
- From late November to 25 January 09, visitors will be able to ski, snowboard or snow tube at The O2.
- The twin slopes, both 45 metres in length will give Londoners the option to learn to ski or snowboard.
- Experienced skiers can warm up their ski/snowboard legs before heading to the mountains.
- Tubing will also be available.
- The Warren Smith Ski Academy will offer top level coaching for all levels at The Slopes.
- Ski and Snowboard manufacturers, K2 and Ride, will be supplying the range of skis and snowboards to rent.
Niccy Hallifax, Head of Special Events at The O2, said: ‘The Slopes is a fun and safe way for both experienced skiers and snowboarders to gear themselves up for the real thing or as an introduction for complete beginners. The Slopes are designed for all abilities and the snow tubes are ideal for both small and big kids alike!’
With the whole of the London Piazza themed like a winter resort, The Slopes, along with real snow covered trees and chalet will help create the perfect day out this winter.
A trip to The Slopes could also be combined with a visit to one of The O2’s 26 bars and restaurants, a show in The O2 arena or indigO2, or to see a film at the 11 screen Vue cinema.
Tickets start at £15 per adult per hour (ski/board rental additional £5) and snow tubes £8 per half hour (subject to booking fee).
Looks all set to be a great start to the season. Early snow reports from around the Alps are in. Some resorts already open.
If you enjoyed reading this, then sign up for more. like it. Free newsletter with some Bansko deals. Reviews, Snow Reports and more...