Saturday, February 21, 2009

Snow In Bansko. Hot In UK



Still snowing fall in Bansko which now means almost guaranteed perfect ski conditions for at least the next week. Should be perfect for the Women's Slalom event next weekend.

Well I have been enjoying sunny Britain. Today was just beautiful and, a tenuous connection with Bansko, meant that I could get my paraglider out and go flying. Wonderful thermals up to around 1,300 feet (400 metres approx) and fine views. See picture taken just a few hours ago.

I even managed to find time to take a short video. see below.



Which brings me to paragliding in Bansko. If you fancy a tandem flight its something well worth doing. I know several of the Bulgarian tandem guys and I would have no hesitation recommending them. However I have to add that not all ski insurance policies automatically cover tandem paragliding flights.

Bansko got some good publicity for its cost in the UK press this weekend. But I have to point out that Bansko has more than its fair share of traps for the unwary.

One reader mentioned I was a little negative when reporting on the traps. Saying that other places are the same. Problem is yes a few are, I agree. But I would prefer that we all avoid the traps and that visitors get a realistic view of Bansko rather than marketing spin. but thanks point taken!

Enjoy your season, wherever you go.